Now that I’m back into blogging regularly, I’ve been wanting to write a more personal post for you all to get to know me a little bit better.
If you’ve been following me on my Instagram or Twitter (and arguably even Pinterest), you’ve gotten to know me a lot more (and I’ve been having a blast getting to know all of you)! If you haven’t already, follow me on my socials if you want to see funny posts, my animals, and random musings from my life.
Today, I wanted to lighten up the mood and respond to two blogging awards given to me by the blogging community. I was given the Liebster Award AND Sunshine Blogger Award in just my first month of blogging!
When I say that the blogging community is the best, most supportive bunch of people that I’ve ever met, I’m not exaggerating at all. You all have truly made blogging a pleasure, and I can’t thank you all enough.
Thanks to Amber Grout from Amber London for nominating me!
1. What or who inspired you to start your blog?
The concept behind my blog and the urge to start it happened in the same day, actually.
One day at work I was just completely over working my ass off at a job that I didn’t enjoy. Earlier in the day I had been reading article after article on LinkedIn about what it takes to be a successful woman. The ideal woman had to “do whatever it takes” and “always be confident” and I felt like that was sooooo unrealistic and unhealthy. So many women look like they have it all, but more than anything feel trapped by their success and can’t truly be themselves or express how they honestly feel.
I wanted to be successful, but I’m lazy, don’t put an effort into what I look like every day, and love lying in bed browsing the Internet all day. I knew that there had to be a way to carve out success while staying true to myself. Lastly, I knew that I wasn’t the only girl out there like myself and I realized how horribly underrepresented we are.
Later that day I was watching Real Housewives of New York and was gushing about how Bethenny Frankel made an empire from her brand, Skinny Girl. I loved this brand concept and thought about the many different ways someone could create a relatable brand with just “____ Girl.”
I instantly thought of Lazy Girl, linked the name to the concepts I was thinking about earlier, and thus the blog was born. Despite the domain name, my blog is not only for United States Lazy Girls! Obviously the others were taken and I thought it was a little tongue in cheek. If you’re reading this you’re a part of the Lazy Girl community. You’re one of us!
So thanks to a bunch of annoying “business” articles and #RHONY for inspiring me to create my blog!
2. Where is your dream travel destination and why?
This question just isn’t fair. There are SO many places that I would love to visit for multiple reasons (so I’m gonna cheat a lil bit and name my top 2).
Vietnam – I would die if I could go to Vietnam one day for the food ALONE. It’s been my dream to go on a food tour and load up on pho for every meal of the day.
South Korea – I’ve wanted to go to Korea for over a decade ever since I discovered Kpop. I’m actually a big Kpop fan and watch videos almost daily. I even saw the Wonder Girls in Houston in 2010! If I could explore Seoul and end my night with a concert, I think I could die happily.
3. Do you have goals for your blog? Is so, what are they?
Of course I do! I would like to one day be a household name in the advice/lifestyle space. I love writing posts that help you guys out, even if it’s in a small way.
Secondly, I’d like to be able to become self-sufficient from my blogging experience. I’m not sure if that means eventually writing a book, launching a product, or being a regular contributor to an online publication. I want to turn my blog into a business and be able to escape the 9-5 life by working for myself.
Lastly, I want my blog to make it to a year with consistent, quality posts just to prove to myself that I can do it. Even after just a few months I’ve managed to improve so much in writing, marketing, and social media, so I’m beyond excited what I will have learned after a year.
4. What is the last compliment you got?
My last compliment was from Kerstin over on Kerstin Morgan! She complimented my blog on one of my Instagram posts! It makes me so happy to receive compliments and see so much support in this community!
5. What are your hobbies outside of blogging?
When I’m not blogging there’s a 99% chance I’m sleeping, watching a lot of reality TV, playing video games, working out, eating, and browsing the internet. I love being indoors and being comfortable.
6. If you could live anywhere in the world (fiction or not) where would it be?
Every time I watch Insecure I want to live in that world. It looks like a fun, beautiful LA with hilarious people. I wanted to be friends with everyone in the show.
7. What is something that most people don’t know about you?
Most people that I know in real life don’t know that I have some really nerdy interests. I love video games, anime, Kpop, Jpop, trivia, memes, and internet culture.
8. Do you have pets? If so, post a picture of them here!
Most of you know that I have 2 cats. You can see a loooot more of them on my Instagram.
Related Post: How I Gave My Life Purpose By Adopting 2 Cats
Sunshine Blogger Award
Thanks to Kat from Femenish for nominating me! Bonus, her IG always puts a smile on her face so make sure to check her out there.
1. What is your biggest fear?
My biggest fear is doing something that will make A LOT of people hate me. I seriously don’t know how I would react if I received a sudden amount of backlash from a lot of people. I know how to brush off people who won’t like me, but I don’t want to do something catastrophic and piss off a lot of people. Does that even make any sense?
2. If you could have a movie made of your life, who would you pick to portray you and why?
I would die if Kerry Washington could play me! Though, I hope my life would be interesting enough someday to warrant a movie.
3. Who do you look up to the most?
My mom 100000%. She’s my best friend and she inspires me in so many different ways. She has done so many extraordinary things in her life and I would be happy to accomplish half of what she’s managed to do so far.
4. If you were leaving your house forever and could only take 3 things with you, what would you take and why?
WOW, these questions are hard lol. I saw a version that mentioned stuff like Internet, laptops, and food would be covered. With that said, I’d bring my phone and cats with me. Hopefully I could create a claim for this freak occurrence where I’d have to lose all of my stuff and get it back someday.
5. Could you live without your phone?
6. Who is your favorite author?
These kinds of questions are always difficult for me because 1) I don’t think I’ve ever had a favorite author 2) Every author that’s ever existed escaped me when I read that question 3) I haven’t been reading as many books as I would like lately.
7. If you had to pick one season to live in, which season would you pick?
I could live in the end of spring/beginning of summer forever. I love having mostly warm days with a few cold days thrown in as well, and this is the only time where this tends to happen. Plus, I love the bloom of spring and feeling the warmth of the sun on my face for the first time in months.
8. Which brand would you love to work with one day?
*unfolds list* There are so many that I would love to work with, including Aerie, H&M, At Home, and any brand that has helped to shape my Lazy Girl life. My favorite brands are those that offer comfort, style, saves me time or money, and makes me look forward to shopping there.
9. You are organizing a party and have to choose between Backstreet Boys and NYSYNC. Which one would you choose?
The only correct answer here is NSYNC, byeeeeee.
10. If you were a Spice Girl, which one would you be?
I actually know very little about the Spice Girls, but I would love to be Scary because she dgaf.
11. There’s going to be an apocalypse and you have to choose the very last movie you’ll ever watch. But the only two available are Legally Blonde and the Proposal. Which one would you choose and why?
I’ve only ever seen Legally Blonde, so I’ll pick that one. Good thing that I enjoy it!
I’m Nominating You
If you are reading this right now (yes, YOU) I’m nominating you for the Sunshine Blogger award.
I’m bending the rules a little bit to allow more people to be able to participate in these kinds of awards.
Plus, I’m in the middle of moving halfway across the country and getting my life sorted out so I’m trying to do as much as I can in as little time as possible without losing my mind.
If you want to participate in this (hey, easy blog post) then be sure to link back and tag me so that I can see it! I’ll even link you back here to show that you’ve completed it.I've been nominated by @lazygirl_us for the Sunshine Blogger award! Stay tuned for an upcoming post where I accept my award!Click To Tweet
- How did you pick your blog name?
- What are 3 ways that you’ve improved your blog since you started it?
- What are your top 3 favorite articles that you’ve written?
- Which blogger would you love to collaborate with?
- If money was no object, what is one thing you’d like to buy?
- Where is the most comfortable place you’ve ever been? (Any place that melts away your stress and makes you feel amazing)
- What does your bedtime routine look like?
- What was the last embarrassing thing that happened to you?
- If calories didn’t exist, what is one dish you could eat over and over?
- Cats or dogs? Explain your reasoning and end with your favorite picture of that animal ever.
- What’s one thing that you wish people knew about you?
Thank you for all of your support!